Welcome to the Gallery

Imagine is set in the Suffolk village of Long Melford.
This is an attempt to record the daily trials, tribulation and pleasure of running an art gallery.

Thursday 24 December 2015



Christmas Eve
Long Melford in Suffolk, England.

It feels and looks nothing like Christmas,
The sky is clear blue, sun is shining and it is very warm.
I find it hard to remember that just two years ago on the same day I had difficulty travelling the one mile journey to the gallery because of the snow.
It now seems such a distant memory.




 So before I lock the doors and return home for Christmas with the family I constantly neglect
[Art for Arts Sake]
I thought I would show you some images of how the gallery might have looked on a different Christmas at a different time.
Perhaps the Christmas in our dreams and imagination.
Innocent and magical.




A few weeks ago I was asked to take some photograph's to promote the first ever Christmas Fair
In the village of Long Melford.
With much help from a friend named "Bella'
The shop window was transformed, children costumed, candles lit, snow scattered and pictures taken.
All within an hour.
You have heard of four seasons in a day, this is December in an hour.

We had no expectations of any usable pictures, but despite this Bella ran up and down spraying snow,
"Nat" her partner shone torches and I kept pressing the shutter.
Perhaps the magic of Christmas actually worked for us.

These are the results.

'A Child's Christmas in Suffolk'.

I wish you all a good Christmas and an even better coming year.

1 comment:

  1. your photos bring such quiet and peace for this yuletide, it's so warm up there in the North Countries and cool here in the Land Down Under... a topsy turvy bipolar 21st C world!

    ReplyDelete