Welcome to the Gallery

Imagine is set in the Suffolk village of Long Melford.
This is an attempt to record the daily trials, tribulation and pleasure of running an art gallery.

Thursday 27 May 2010






My instincts were correct about things getting a bit hectic.
I don't really have [I definitely don't] time to be doing this post, I am so very much behind on all of the things that need to be done for this coming weekends exhibition.
It has been a very eventful few days, with many stories to tell about my adventures in Yorkshire
and the Lake District, but they will have to wait until next week.
At last I have the pots made by Jim Malone here in the gallery, and the past two days have been spent photographing them for the price list and web site.
How hard can it be to take a few snaps?
Very, especially when you want to do credit to the work you are featuring,
but "enough is enough" and I am taking no more.
Tomorrow will be spent clearing the gallery and setting up displays, putting in new lights and
plinths as well as giving the place a new coat of paint.
I just hope it's going to be a long day as I have just remembered many things that I haven't done, like ordering plant displays for outside.
Still, I suppose the only person who will notice will be me.

All this effort just for a few short days, then I will be back to worrying about our next exhibition, in fact I am already, and the one after that.
It gets hard to remember that whatever is happening of whatever pressures I am feeling I can't "take my eye off the ball", otherwise it will all fall apart.
Still, it's having all those "balls in the air" that make it fun [sometimes].

I haven't time to tell of events, but as I have been taking pictures of pots I think I had better
show you a few.
I don't expect everyone to like them as Jim Malone is a "potters potter".
Which means, if you have made a pot you wished you had made some of his, or at very least
recognise the skill that their production required.

I hope to do one last quick post before the opening, but, if I don't it wasn't because I don't want to.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pots. Can't wait to see how the gallery looks with the pots all set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd come in a second if it weren't for the overseas travel and such...
    lovely work... good luck with everything...
    Blessings from the forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am not a potter but these are stunning pots with a huge feel of quality. I think it would be a priviledge to own one.
    Goodluck with the opening, wish I was closer and could actually see them.

    ReplyDelete